for those who feel called to hosting grief rituals:
We the Grief-Tenders team from Sacred Groves (Therese, Tere, Laurence and Mary) are collaborating to develop a mentorship program for people interested in hosting grief rituals in their home communities. To share more about this and provide a foundation for future learning, we are offering a day and a half “Introduction to Grief Tending” at Sacred Groves on March 5-6 just before our semi-annual Grief Retreat, March 7-8.
Topics for this Intro include:
- The components of grief rituals
- Skills/qualities needed to hold space for grief ritual
- Self reflection tools
- Experiential exercises to deepen listening skills
- Small group sharing
- Exploration into your personal journey with grief
The Introduction on March 5-6 is also an opportunity hear more about what we envision for our “Grief Tenders Pathway” to launch sometime later this year. At this point we imagine this including:
- Participation in 2 or 3 Grief Retreats over 1-2 years
- In-person gatherings and online meetings focused on experiential exercises to develop and deepen strengths relevant to holding grief work (dates and details to be determined)
- Mentorship regarding the unique challenges that may arise personally and in the village while tending grief.
- Individual collaboration/support will also be available from the mentorship team
More details about the “Introduction to Grief Tending” March 5-6 .
- Prerequisite: attendance at one or more grief rituals
- When: Thursday, March 5th @ 10 am through March 6th @ 1 pm
- Location: Sacred Groves, Bainbridge Island
- Cost for the Intro is $200. Includes dinner Thursday. Lodging at Sacred Groves is limited and costs an additional $40 for shared room and breakfast Friday morning/
Some discounts and scholarships are available upon request.
TO CONFIRM YOUR REGISTRATION for this event, please pay a $100 deposit or the full fee using the PayPal button below. Add a comment to your payment if you need lodging at Sacred Groves for Wednesday or Thursday nights and be aware that we have limited on-site lodging and beds will be assigned on a first come, first served basis, depending on when your payment is submitted.class=”cfwppformfix”>