Calling all women who love our Mother Earth and want to…
Re-connect with the natural world and
Deepen and expand womb-an-wisdom!
Join the Earth Mothers Circle!
Since 2003 Therese (guided by inner grandmothers and the ancient Clan Mothers) has offered a year-long women’s group that meets one afternoon each month at Sacred Groves. Generally women join the group early in the calendar year and commit to attending regularly throughout the year; some women continue to participate year after year. Earnest women are welcome to join any time of the year. During our time together we create a sacred container, hold a talking circle, share food, listen to a Clan Mother story, spend an hour outdoors in silence connecting with nature, sing and pray, smudge, laugh and hug. In addition, Thérèse offers wise-woman teachings about the medicine wheel and we learn from and with each woman in the group.
The intentions of this group are to:
- Cultivate a deeper connection with ancient grandmothers and medicine-women (using the 13 Original Clan Mothers), as well as personal ancestral grandmothers and the wise-one within.
- Learning women’s songs and experiencing the power and magic of women’s rituals
- Develop the connection between our spirituality and our womb-an’s body
- Deepen our connection with Mother Earth, her cycles, the energy of the 7 directions and 4 elements, her many creatures, birds, trees and plants.
- Enliven and empower our inner wise-woman, inspired by women–real and mythical (the Clan Mothers).
- Share hugs, food, stories and sisterhood, receiving and giving support that helps us grow and feel whole, “getting it” that we are never alone
2021 update: We generally (but not always) meet on the 3rd Sunday of the month, 11am to 4pm. every month except September. As long as COVID is a risk, we will gather outdoors in the meadow, rain or shine.
What we do together: Our time together includes calling in the grandmothers of the 7 Directions, talking circle, ceremony, sharing lunch, an hour of silent time in the forest, prayers and more songs.
Commitment: Women are asked to make a commitment to participate in the group as regularly as possible for at least 6 months, since a beautiful intimacy develops among the women who show up regularly. We are sacred witness to each others’ changes, challenges and joys throughout the year.
The Earth Mothers Circle is part of a larger fabric called the Sacred Groves Women’s Mysteries School, a weaving of teachings, gatherings, ceremonies and quests. Women involved in the Earth Mothers Circle are encouraged to consider going even deeper into “womens mysteries” by participating in a Spirit Quest, the Women’s Mysteries Retreat and/or events elsewhere such as offerings by Women of Wisdom, Womens Way Red Lodge, and Womens Summer Solstice.