Family Camp at Ekone Ranch
Thursday August 22 through Sunday August 25, 2013
Join Therese and Tere of Sacred Groves in co-creating a relaxed, joyful, playful ‘village’ at Ekone Ranch, on land owned by the Sacred Earth Foundation, located near Satus Pass, in south-central Washington. Their 1060 acres include meadows, forests, trails, a pond, a swing, a zip line, horses and other animals…..this place is a summer camp for children and LOTS of fun!
INTENTIONS for FAMILY CAMP
- To create a fun, relaxed family camping experience in a beautiful outdoor setting .
- To co-create a village where kids and adults experience the joys of shared life with other families, feel a sense of connection and belonging, feel seen and valued.
- To encourage children and adults to feel the magic of the natural world and to connect to/with Mother Nature and her many wonders, her many creatures and plants.
- For families to enjoy Ekone Ranch in late summer with Therese and Tere of Sacred Groves supporting health and happiness by offering meals, songs, hugs and skits!
Family Camp will be loosely structured with minimal program. Meal-times and a Saturday night Talent Show are the only scheduled activities. “Hanging out” in the old fashioned way will be encouraged: kids playing at the pond, the zip-line, the swing; families exploring, hiking to the swimming hole, resting, reading and telling stories, sitting in the sun (or the shade) chatting. Horse-back riding opportunities are available from the Ekone staff. There will likely be some impromptu “Circle Time” for getting to know each other and coordinating trips and explorations if desired.
We welcome families large and small, traditional and un-traditional, women, men and children, parents, grandparents, godparents, aunts and uncles! Child-free adults who love being around children are welcome too of course!
Come for as many days/nights as you want.Tere and Therese will be hosting Family Camp starting Thursday afternoon (Aug 22) until Sunday afternoon August 25. First meal served will be dinner on Thursday; last meal will be lunch on Sunday.
Therese and Tere will make a simple menu for 3 meals a day, buy all the groceries, organize the kitchen, act as lead cooks. We ask all adults and older children to help in the kitchen with prep and clean up. When you register, please let us know about any food restrictions you or members of your family have. We want to make sure we purchase any special foods needed.
Costs include Ekone facility fees (lodging or tent sites, use of the camp kitchen), food expenses, and a donation for Therese and Tere of Sacred Groves (to compensate us for our time and efforts in setting this up, holding the space, menu planning, grocery shopping, food preparation and cooking)
FEES for three nights, 9 meals, one tent site:
- Base fee for one adult and one child: $330
- Additional adults or children age 11 or older: $90/each
- additional children age 4-10: $45/each
- Children under 4: no charge
Fee for 1 or 2 nights only:
- Base fee for one adult and one child : $125 for 3 meals, one night
- Additional adults or children age 11 or older: $30/each/day
- additional children age 4-10: $15/each/day
- Children under 4: no charge
- Additional cost for a second tent site and indoor lodging. Please inquire for details.
- Ekone Staff are willing to offer horse-back riding experiences for the children for an additional cost.
Note: If these amounts are a hardship for you, please talk to us! These fees are negotiable.
Where we will be
Ekone Ranch (Sacred Earth Foundation) is a 4 hour drive southeast of Seattle, on the east slope of the Cascade mountains down near the Columbia River, near Goldendale WA. The land is forested with oak and pine, dotted with open-meadows. Ekone Ranch has been a childrenâ€™s summer horse camp for many years. There are many horses as well as chickens, garden, dogs, trails out to look-out points and down into a canyon where a creek runs. You can see photos and read more about it at their website
Our family camp will be in the valley where facilities are located. There are meadows for tent camping and as well as indoor lodging options–dorm-style and one private room that sleep 3-4. We will have use of their fully equipped camp kitchen for cooking. There is a bath-house and toilets available.
To register and/or for more information: please contact Therese at Sacred Groves: 206-842-7141; email@example.com
Make a $100 deposit to confirm your intention by sending a check to us at 9255 Holly Farm Lane, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110 or by paying on line:
More details will be sent as the time approaches.